The Apostolic Faith church is conservative in nature, following a tradition of Wesleyan holiness taught and practiced by those whom the Holy Spirit descended on at the Azusa Street Revival. We believe the entire Bible is the infallible Word of God and uphold the fundamental teachings of New Testament faith. Following are brief explanations of key Bible doctrines:
- The Divine Trinity consists of three Persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost, perfectly united as one. Matthew 3:16-17; 1 John 5:7. More.
- Salvation is the act of God’s grace whereby we receive forgiveness for sins and stand before God as though we had never sinned. Romans 5:1; 2 Corinthians 5:17. More.
- Sanctification or Holiness, the act of God’s grace whereby we are made holy, is the second definite work and is subsequent to salvation. John 17:15-21; Hebrews 13:12. More.
- The Baptism of the Holy Ghost is the enduement of power from on high upon the clean, sanctified life, and is evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. Luke 24:49; Acts 1:5-8; 2:1-4. More.
- Divine Healing of sickness is provided through the atonement. James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24. More.
- Marriage is for Life, a holy institution that is binding before God, giving neither partner liberty to marry again as long as the first companion lives. Mark 10:6-12; Romans 7:1-3. More.
Click here for a more in-depth explanation of core Bible doctrines.