TEXT: Revelation 13:1-18; 14:9-11
- Key Verse
Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come. — 1 John 4:3
The name Antichrist introduces to us one who is absolutely opposed to Jesus Christ. The spirit of antichrist is already in the world, working in the children of disobedience. As Jesus Christ is the express image of God, so it appears that the Antichrist is the culminating manifestation of Satan. Also known as the Beast, his coming is through Satan who gives him power to work signs and lying wonders. His reign during the Tribulation will be ushered in by flatteries, prosperity, and a call for peace, but he will cause all, both small and great, whose names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, to take a mark which seals their doom.
- What is another name given for the Antichrist? Using 2 John 7 as a reference, explain the purpose of the Antichrist.
- Since the spirit of antichrist is in the world today, how can we avoid being deceived? The answer can be found in 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12.
- Using Matthew 24:24, tell how the spirit of antichrist will work, and the schemes that will be used.
- As the Antichrist gains control of the world during the Tribulation period, those who follow him will wear an identifying mark. What are the consequences of having the mark?
- Anyone who does not take the mark will not be allowed to buy or sell. The Antichrist will have complete control of all the world’s economy: commercial, political, and religious. Name some specific aspects of your own life which would be affected by such control.
- What role does the false prophet perform during the Tribulation period? See Revelation 19:20.
- What will be the end of the Beast (Antichrist), the false prophet, and the devil? See Revelation 20:10.
- What can we do each day to be accounted worthy to escape all these things and to be ready to stand faultless before the Son of Man? See Luke 21:36.